I went to see a Sunday afternoon performance of Doubt, the play by John Patrick Shanley at the new American Stage Theatre. I went with a friend who is a first grade teacher. She was lamenting that the summer has slipped away because she’s already gearing up for the new school year. Half the fun of going was inviting her. She really needed a day of escape. First we went to Café Alma for brunch. Then we walked about 4 blocks to the new American Stage Theatre. I know, you’re thinking it’s too hot to walk anywhere in the middle of the day. But, the 4- block walk really wasn’t bad. The show is a 90-minute production without an intermission. All the actors are good, but Christine Decker as Sister Aloysius was the absolute embodiment of righteousness! This play will get you talking! It’s on stage until at least until August 16th. Rumor has it that it might be extended.
- RT @divafancypants: when the literal King of horror tells u to avoid something, y'all listen up or u deserve what u get https://t.co/jc7Bs6… 2 months ago
- RT @archpaper: The EPA is allowing asbestos, a substance banned in most countries since the '70s, back into the manufacturing process for s… 2 months ago
- #asinthepark#the producers having a great time. It’s a tradition! We’ve been to every show for more than 30 years! https://t.co/L9FIONQpXz 5 months ago
- RT @RWPUSA: Yet another example of a legislature full of sanctimonious prigs who are more interested in sexual misconduct and porn than in… 8 months ago
- RT @divafancypants: yall - i made a #girlgang thing for @Emma4Change et al because i am so proud and hopeful - retweet this hell outta this… 8 months ago