Life on the Pinellas Beaches slows down in June and July. As a local, I love it because the traffic lightens up and the beach becomes that lazy summer vacation spot I remember from my childhood. This week the temperatures have been cool because we’ve had steady rain that just might bring us out of our long drought. I hope so! My pool is over-flowing anyway. This is also a good time to go to local seafood restaurants. I went to Sea Critters on the Intracoastal Waterway side of Pass-A-Grille recently. It’s one of the few places where boaters can pull up along the dock (although, I didn’t pull up in my boat :-0). It looks like an old Florida fishing cottage from the outside. The theme is continued inside with picnic tables covered with plastic tablecloths. The day I went, I sat outside on the deck (as I said, the temps have been cooler than normal). A young couple at the table across the aisle ate while their adorable two-year-old played nearby. No one at this restaurant expected him to sit still in a chair! My husband had the crab cakes – nice and light ($18.99). I had the Seafood Pasta ($19.99). The food was yummy and there was enough to bring home for lunch the next day. No doubt about it, seafood on the waterfront tastes better. Pass – A- Grille has several good restaurants to sample. I think I’ll try the new pizza place next time I’m out this way.
- RT @divafancypants: when the literal King of horror tells u to avoid something, y'all listen up or u deserve what u get https://t.co/jc7Bs6… 5 months ago
- RT @archpaper: The EPA is allowing asbestos, a substance banned in most countries since the '70s, back into the manufacturing process for s… 5 months ago
- #asinthepark#the producers having a great time. It’s a tradition! We’ve been to every show for more than 30 years! https://t.co/L9FIONQpXz 8 months ago
- RT @RWPUSA: Yet another example of a legislature full of sanctimonious prigs who are more interested in sexual misconduct and porn than in… 11 months ago
- RT @divafancypants: yall - i made a #girlgang thing for @Emma4Change et al because i am so proud and hopeful - retweet this hell outta this… 11 months ago